birth date: 09-03-1985; e-mail: wojciech.zarski(at)gmail.com ; city: Warsaw, Poland
I’m constantly looking for opportunities to learn new things or play new roles. I like to attend Java related conferences and JUG meetups. My key interest is traveling on motorcycle. I’m also spending a lot of time playing economic and strategic euro style boardgames. Recently I’ve started curses of architectural drawing. When I find some more time I like making things, electronic circuits, programming microcontrollers or even make hands dirty in mechanical workshop.
Samsung Electronics Sp. z o.o. , Warsaw 05.2018 - present
as Senior Software Engineer
I’m currently focusing on Big Data and Data Sience projects, to expand my horizons and to help my current team with my development skills. My key rosponsibilites as senior developer is mentoring and reviewing implementation of alghorithms developed by data sience specialists. Additionally I’m helping with implementing scurum as a “Scrum Master”.
Samsung Electronics Sp. z o.o. , Warsaw 06.2016 - 05.2018
as Part Leader
I was team leader of 19 person development team. To my duties belongs coaching, tech-leading, trainings organization, projects leading if no Scrum is applied and administration. I was working also on improving team to team communication in our division with inspiration of Scrum tools. Second objective was to enhancing teammates to more pro-active attitude.
Samsung Electronics Sp. z o.o. , Warsaw 11.2014 - 06.2016
as Senior Software Engineer
I was working in Software Engineering Process team as Senior Java developer. In my responsibilities was design and implementation of middleware software between Jira and Korean HQ services. Later I switched to Business Innovation Lab where I was responsible for backend services of new B2B and commercial products as an developer and architect. I had episodes of Scrum Master position.
Stepstone Services Sp. z o.o. , Warsaw 01.2012 - 11.2014
as Software Engineer
Technical leader of data exchange team. Responsibilities included architecture design of applications, refactoring of legacy platform and updating to new standards and requirements. I was responsible for creating integration of data exchange platform with new products. My duties included also design of tools and Continuous Integration process in java team. Technologies applied: JSE, MSSQL, Spring, XML, Python, RabbitMQ, Maven, Jenkins, Vaadin.
E-Commerce Services, Warsaw 03.2011-12.2011
Maintenance of empik.com e-commerce platform and backstage NFI integration systems. Additionally, responsible for Continuous Integration and systems monitoring. Mainly Java and Pl-SQL tasks, with lots of admin work connected with platform releases.
Software Business Group, Warsaw 07-2008-03.2011
as Software Engineer
Maintenance of existing software in J2EE and .Net. Responsible for development of new software in Java SE, ASP .Net, WinForms and PHP. Involved into analytics process and administration tools.
I-Studio, Warsaw 02.2007-05-2008
as Web Developer
Web developer and customisation specialist. Specialised in Joomla and Drupal content management systems.
Protoss, Warsaw 08.2006-09.2006
as J2EE Developer
R&D Engineer, involved into development of the CRM application, using Java, Spring, Webwork and Hibernate.
Polish-Japanese Academy of Information Technology, Warsaw (2004-2012)
Master degree in IT, specialization Business Software Development
- SQL databases
- NoSQL databases
- Linux system
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins/Bamboo)
- Dependency managment
- Architecture design
- Micro-services, practice knowledge
- Data sience architecture
- Clean Code good practices
- Design Patterns
- Polish, native
- English, fluent
- 2018 - TensorFlow training
- 2018 - Spring Microservices training by Sages
- 2015 - Crafting Code, workshop by Sandro Mancuso
- 2012 - MBTI & communication training, profile I N++++ T+ P+
- 2009 - Advanced Microsoft CRM Development
- 2009 - Advanced SharePoint 2007 Development
- 2009 - Driving License cat. A
- 2007 - LCCI: Level 2 Spoken English for Industry and Commerce
- 2004 - Driving License cat. B
- Bigdata analytics platform for fitness data
- Health care application for wearable and mobile devices
- Security library based on Knox for telecomunication companies
- Android security application for retail
- Tizen Smart Watch health care app architecture design for IBM Bluemix platform.
- Android special ebook reader with augmented reality and other multimedia, roles: backend developer and web frontend developer.
- Event driven heavy load ready project management service, roles: architect, developer.
- 2018 Code Europe, Warsaw
- 2018 PyCon-pl 2018, Rawa Mazowiecka
- 2018 ByteBay, Gdansk
- 2018 Boiling Frogs, Wrocław
- 2017 DevFest by Google, Warsaw
- 2017 Code Europe, Warsaw
- 2017 Samsung Galaxy Geeks Hackathon, Warsaw
- 2017 Samsung Students turnament (as host and jury), Warsaw
- 2016 Samsung internal Hackathon (as host), Warsaw
- 2015 Geecon, Krakow
- 2015 TDD Geecon, Poznan
- 2015 Code4Life, Warsaw
- 2015 Codepot, Warsaw
- 2015 4Developers, Warsaw
- 2015 Jax London, London
- Apache Spark: The Deffinitive Guide - Bill Chambers, Matei Zaharia
- Adaptive Code: Agile coding with design patterns and SOLID principles - Gary McLean Hall
- Getting Things Programmed. Droga do efektywnosci - Bertyzel Michal
- Android Development Heads First
- Managing Humans
- Test-Driven Development - K. Beck
- Growing Object-Oriented Software, Guided by Tests - Steve Freeman and Nat Pryce
- Building Microservices - Sam Newman
- Effective Java - Joshua Bloch